SANTA MARGARITA, California
Santa Margarita is…
Nestled in the foothills of the Santa Lucia mountains just South of Atascadero. It is a quaint small bedroom community which includes the Historic Santa Margarita Ranch. The Mediterranean climate flourishes with artisans and close knit families that enjoy the best of what the Central Coast offers. There are many Antique shops to browse through. The Days of The Dons Parade is an annual event, celebrating the rich Spanish heritage of the town and is held every year in September.
Founded in 1889 Santa Margarita has seen it’s share of economic up’s and downs. Today it is a bedroom community for commuters to San Luis Obispos’ work force.
SANTA MARGARITA City Data
Median Household Income
- 63.2% of households are married/couple families; 363.8% are unmarried.
- The average household income is $66,852; the average disposable income is $54,539.
- The median home price value is $358,000.
- The 12 month change in Median Estimated Value is +11.2%, as of January 2016.
- The median listing price of a home for sale in Santa Margarita is $529,000.
Santa Margarita Lake is located East of town off Highway 58, where you can enjoy camping, fishing, and hiking or you can take a trip to the famous Pozo Saloon which dates back to 1800’s. You can learn more about this quaint area by visiting the Santa Margarita Historical Society.